Nationwide, one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for, currently has an exciting opportunity for a Personal Lines Supervisor in a dynamic fast past inbound contact center environment in beautiful San Antonio, TX.
This position is accountable for driving results through strong leadership and a continuous improvement mind-set. Through day to day oversight the Contact Center Supervisor is responsible for a team of 15 to 20 agents, their performance and development, associate engagement and the member experience. Partnering with team members throughout the organization, the Contact Center Supervisor serves as a conduit for change leadership and strategic execution.
Ideal candidates will have proven leadership experience and demonstrate skills in strategic thinking, continuous improvement, project management, talent selection and development, and building an engaging culture. College degree preferred; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point- with focused strength in Excel) and business related software.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises a personal lines customer service unit including supplemental processing for multiple product lines (standard auto, non standard auto and property). Responsible for providing quality service to customers for multiple product lines in multiple states. Responsible for quality, production and service levels, associate supervision and development, team building and training. Plans schedules based on estimated call volume, associate availability, and product needs.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Service Center Manager.
1. Provides day-to day direct supervision of a personal lines customer service unit that supports multiple product lines and multi states, and supplemental processing and related billing systems. Supervises the resolution of complex customer issues and problems. Handles the more complex issues that are escalated by team members or referrals from other units.
2. Achieves services objectives through the coordination and supervision of service representative activities. Uses coaching and leadership skills to encourage associates to meet and exceed service and other goals.
3. Provides input to planning, development and monitoring of plans and objectives at the unit, product and center level. Analyzes results from unit and recommends process improvements. Provides input to and adheres to approved budget.
4. Facilitates training for associates to ensure that they obtain and maintain current understanding of products, service techniques, systems, regulations and operations standards.
5. Coordinates and reviews associate work to ensure adequate phone coverage and appropriate processing of related work. Supervises work unit volume; delegates to group leader and others as needed. Creates and maintains required work records and reports.
6. Maintains current understanding of products, regulatory practices and procedures, service standards, processing and systems, and related service center operations.
7. Responsible for the supervision of associates including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning and day-to-day administration, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
8. Responsible for the supervision of associates including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow planning and day-to-day administration, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies highly desirable. Multiple state licensing with continuing education where required. Prefer participation in professional insurance coursework.
Experience: Five years related customer services and insurance experience. Prefer at lest two years in personal lines processing in a service center environment. Group leader experience required.
Knowledge: Required knowledge of personal lines insurance products, customer service methodologies, underwriting practices and procedures, and state regulations.
Skills: Ability to lead, supervise, train and develop associates in all aspects of insurance services and processing. Oral and written communication skills for interaction with agents, customers, and all levels of service center associates. Ability to operate personal computer and business/insurance software.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: HR and Director
Working Conditions: Call center environment with non-standard and/or extended hours.
Schedule: Candidates need to be available for a shift between the hours of 10 AM and 10 PM and will need to work one weekend day a week. All Supervisors will also be able to work from home 2 days a month.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow are requiring some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: (Revised 7/28/08 AV)
Job Family/Function: CUS/PCC