The Business of Leadership™
Intended Audience: Supervisors, Team Leaders, New Managers, and employees preparing for a promotion or a new career with your company.
Course Duration: Ten, 3 hour sessions will be held bi-weekly beginning in July and concluding in November. (Training will be held during the work week and between the hours of 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM)
Course Overview: This powerful development program provides a practical and reliable means to advance individual contributors to supervisory and management positions or to get new management up to speed.
Personal Tools for Better Business™
- Business Basics - Participants discover the cost of employment beyond salary
- The Role of a Leader - Participants learn to lead as they develop plans in response to scenarios
- Personality Types - Practice contrasting motivations and behaviors by personality type
- Setting Goals - Learn the correct format for creating goals and discover reasons for changing goals
- Decision Making - Application of a 5-step decision making process and explore the 80/20 rule
- Time Management - Interactive module where participants construct a list of activities, prioritize activities and consider ways to responsibly decline requests
- Effective Communication - Learn and practice presenting concise information following effective guidelines
- Communication Planning - Discover the value of communication and develop a plan with a culture of continual communication
- Effective Meetings - Learn to calculate the cost of a meeting and to determine if a meeting is necessary
Team Tools for Better Business™
Living Positive Team Values - Explore personal values and team norms and discover the relationship between values and behavior
- Persuasion and Influence - Learn key influence and persuasion tips from leading business authors.
- Motivation and Empowerment - Participants review case studies and scenarios to learn to connect empowerment to personal motivation
- Team Roles and Team Goals - Learn the types of contributions individuals can make toward project success
- Ethics - Investigate the role of ethics and explore sources of ethical codes
- Coaching - Learn to define the purpose of coaching in business and when to use this approach
- Feedback - After exploration of giving and receiving feedback, participants will demonstrate and practice right and wrong ways to deal with feedback based on those guidelines
- Performance Enhancement Coaching - Participants explore the differences among coaching, feedback and performance coaching
Objectives: After completing The Business of Leadership™, participants will have practiced the skills to coach, provide feedback, communicate difficult news, work with different personality types, and more. We cover all the functions that new managers need to perform well in order to succeed. Create alignment between your company's vision and values, and those of your new leaders.
- Members $995.00
- Non-Members $1,195.00
Early Registration Discount!
Register by May 19th and receive a $100 discount!
For more information please contact Sunny Myers. firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-541-0601